In Loving Memory Of My Late Father- JAMES GRACE; For Everything You Taught Me, And For All I Have Become. Thanks for teaching me to chase my dreams....R.I.P XX

Saturday 7 January 2012

After.The.Apple

Rachelle Dendle is the guiding light behind After the Apple, a bag label dedicated to establishing and reinventing core design styles. 

Born in Sydney and raised in Melbourne, she spent a decade at the top of Australian fashion, taking the key design role at Mimco. Dendle joined the company directly from Sydney School of Fashion, but took a break from the industry in 2007 to travel. She then moved to London, where she set-up pop-up shop retail spaces before launching After the Apple in early 2009. Rachelle's key influences include the saddle wear of Thierry Hermès and the intrecciato woven leather of Bottega Veneta. Above all, she is inspired by Magdalena Carmen Frida Kahlo y Calderón.

The current collection entitled, ‘Sloth’, features an array of unique leather and fur textures and exotic designs. Each bag can be worn many ways and are brilliantly eclectic, carefully considered and luxurious yet practical. Must-have, fine quality pieces you'll have forever!! I was lucky enough to pick up my new 'luv' on sale at a stockist in Melbourne right in time for Xmas :)



Shop the collection online at threadbare.co Stockists in Australia & Asia here 
My Xmas present to ME- The Messesnger xx
Images courtesy of threadbare.co

No comments:

Post a Comment